Your favorite Skullcandy wireless earbuds could undoubtedly be a mess to work with sometimes. Resetting the earbuds or headphones is the ultimate solution, and this involves simple steps and a few minutes of yours.
The trick is to deal with just different buttons!
So, when you face serious issues while pairing your earbuds and want to avoid any data loss, the steps below will help you in the best possible way.
Is Resetting The Skullcandy Wireless Earbuds Crucial?
Skullcandy: a brand specializing in offering users superior audio products that enhance the overall listening and gaming experience in numerous ways. These gadgets, like others, require proper care to let you enjoy them for a longer time.
So, why wait! Just get started.
How To Reset Skullcandy Earbuds?
Reset Skullcandy Sesh Wireless Earbuds
A completely different approach is needed to reset the Skullcandy Sesh Wireless Earbuds. The entire control of the gadget lies with the left earbud.
- Ensure that you unpair the buds.
- After pulling out the left earbud, press the power button no less than 5 to 6 times until the LED blinks in red color. Later the buds will power off.
- Place back the last piece when they are turned off.
- Take out the earbuds pair and let them turn on themselves after some time. Excellent! Resetting is complete, and the earbuds are ready to pair.
Reset Skullcandy Indy Wireless Earbuds
This genre of Skullcandy features a touch-enabled button under the brand logo, which is supposed to be used for resetting.
- As I mentioned earlier, so unpair them.
- When you pull them out to turn off, touch the logo for approximately five seconds.
- Wait for some time, reset them by holding the touch button again for approximately ten seconds. When all this happens, the LED will change its color from blue to red and vice-versa (As if they have gone crazy).
Reset Skullcandy Dime Wireless Earbuds
- Unpair them.
- Take the earbud pair out and let them turn on.
- Turn them off by pressing the earbud twice and hold it again till it turns off.
- Place them in the case and let the earbuds charge. After some time, take them out, and they will turn on instantly.
Now they will be reset and ready to pair.
Reset Skullcandy Jib Wireless Earbuds
- Unpair then from the previous device used.
- Remove the buds from the case and hold the button from the centre for approximately five seconds to turn them off.
- After turning them off, wait for some time and then press the power button to turn them on again. Holding them on for a good 10 seconds is required for achieving the reset process.
- Ensure that you charge the earbuds by placing them in their case.
- After they are correctly charged, pull them out and let them turn on, and here they are ready to connect.
Reset PUSHTM Ultra Skullcandy
- Unpair them from your Bluetooth system.
- Remove them from the case and turn them off manually.
- Press and hold the power button for at least 6 seconds on both earbuds.
- Both your earbuds will turn off, and you can start to reset them.
- To reset them completely, repeat the process of pressing and holding the earbuds for about 10 seconds.
- Now pair both earbuds again, and return them to their case.
- Wait till they display a red LED light and then take them out. The LED will display a blue light, and syncing will start with your device after turning on the Bluetooth.
What Should I Do When My Skullcandy Headphones Fail To Pair?
One solid reason for the Skullcandy headphones is connected with an active Bluetooth device. Ensure that you turn off the gadget from the list of previously connected devices (forget about it). After doing this, reset your headphones.
Later, when turned on again, they will be in a new pairing mode. If the problem prevails, the underlying reason could be some mechanical change.
What If Either Of My Earbuds Isn’t Working?
- Ensure that your earbuds have no build-up of gunk or dirt.
- You can reset your earbuds by following any of the methods above.
- The condition of the in-ear gel placed at the earbud bottom needs to be checked before you connect it to its charging port.
- Look for the LED light flashing, and if it isn’t, then some mechanical change is required.