LAST UPDATED: December 23rd, 2022 | BY:
The COVID-19 pandemic has been unprecedented and astounding, with lower-than-anticipated demand for hearing aids across all areas compared to pre-pandemic levels. According to our study, the global market will fall -12.2% in 2020 compared to 2019. A hearing aid is an electronic device used to improve hearing in people who have hearing loss or auditory nerve injury. According to 2020 WHO publications on deafness and hearing loss, over 1.1 billion young people (aged 12-35 years) are at risk of hearing loss as a result of noise exposure in recreational contexts.
Hearing loss has become the most frequent condition among patients, particularly in developed nations. According to the WHO, 466 million people worldwide suffer from disabling hearing loss, accounting for around 6.1% of the global population. Furthermore, it is predicted that this figure will rise to almost 1.5 billion by 2050, owing mostly to an increase in the elderly population. Hearing loss can also be caused by chronic inflammation, vascular disorders, noise exposure, hereditary predisposition, and the natural aging of the ear. This aspect may lead to an increase in the number of hearing-impaired patients worldwide, increasing sales of these devices.
• Oticon is a multi-award-winning hearing aid manufacturer that specializes in hearing devices for adults and children suffering from severe to profound hearing loss. They also manufacture hearing devices for people who have minor hearing loss or single-sided deafness. The Oticon More hearing aids are available in eight different colors and have been designed to understand 12 million real-life sounds to assist users in hearing particular, relevant noises.
• Phonak is a hearing aids manufacturer that offers a comprehensive range of hearing solutions for children and adults. Notable is their lyric hearing aid, which no one can see. It is an extended-wear hearing aid that an audiologist inserts deep into the ear canal and wears for months at a time. This includes sleeping and showering, however, it must be removed before swimming.
• Signia hearing aids are designed for those who have mild to severe hearing loss. Bluetooth connectivity choices for making calls and listening to music. Slim design available in five colors. The Signia Silk X is one of the smallest in-ear hearing aid alternatives, fitting in your ear. It features four silicone sleeve choices onto which the hearing aids snap, allowing them to be tailored to your ear shape.
• Starkey is one of the oldest hearing aid manufacturers. The company creates all hearing aid models and provides a broad selection of colors and patterns. Starkey’s most recent hearing aid, the Evolv AI, is designed to eliminate background noise and increase your ability to listen.
• Unitron is a hearing aid manufacturer that produces various types of hearing aids. Sonova, which also owns Phonak, owns them. The Blu hearing aids are available in a range of sizes, and you may update the technology if your needs alter. You can accomplish this without purchasing new hearing aids. You may also use the app to customize what your hearing aids can do based on your surroundings.
• Widex is a hearing aid manufacturer noted for producing high-quality sound. Widex, like other manufacturers, offers a complete line of hearing aids for babies to adults.
• MOMENT hearing aids are among the smallest rechargeable receiver-in-canal choices available. It’s also available in behind-the-ear and in-the-ear configurations.
• ReSound is a hearing aid company that offers a complete array of hearing aids for all forms of hearing loss. Small outside-the-ear hearing aids and invisible alternatives implanted in the ear canal The ReSound ONE is noted for its ability to concentrate on sounds to assist you in determining where they are originating from. It adapts automatically to changing settings, allowing you to hear in any circumstance.
• Hansaton offers a comprehensive selection of hearing aids. They create digital hearing aids with features and award-winning designs. The Hansaton STRATOS hearing system comes in five different colors and allows you to analyze your environment to better adjust your hearing aids to your specific needs.
Beltone is owned by GN ReSound, which you may have come across when exploring the world of hearing aids. Despite the fact that it is now a subsidiary, Beltone is no slouch when it comes to industry successes. For example, the business created earmolds for astronauts to wear during takeoff in 1969!
• WS Audiology (previously Sivantos Group and Widex) is a privately held hearing aid firm with headquarters in Denmark and Singapore with origins dating back to 1878 and Siemens AG. The present firm was formed through the merging of Sivantos Group and Widex in 2019.